Wednesday, March 16, 2005

In the moment

I have been in the moment for a good week plus now. I don't mean in the zen spiritual sense that is good for you though I make brief strides to that altitude of thinking. No, I've been in the moment out of necessity. Ella got a little under the weather. Her needs brought me face to face with now, in the moment. Children, especially small children take us there, to the moment. They boil away everything else to its very essence. Their immediate physical needs and the exponential flurry of details you conquer to get there, with kindness, with healing tenderness, are the moment. You have no choice but to handle things. There is no entertainment, no interpersonal drama; there is only the moment. In our need, there is blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger